Error: dynamodb cannot convert undefined to object
What's Causing This Error
You may run into this error mainly in a Node.js environment when the code tries to access properties or methods of an object that has yet to be defined or initialized correctly.
It could be a problem with the data you pass to DynamoDB or the way you are trying to access the property.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
Since the actual code isn't available, there is no proper way to determine the exact solution for this issue. Therefore, the best option is to re-examine the code (debug it) and ensure that the value you are trying to convert to an
object is not undefined.
Additionally, you could implement checks like
value !== undefined to enforce that the
value must not be
undefined for an operation to execute.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Duplicate Key Error
- dynamodb value cannot be null. (parameter 'type')
- dynamodb index does not exist
- the dynamodb service does not have version
- dynamodb index not updated
- DynamoDB Local Missing Authentication Token
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
- dynamodb global secondary index not working
- DynamoDB TTL Not Working
- error dynamodb streams must be enabled on the table
- moto dynamodb not working
- DynamoDB Contains not working
- cannot find module 'dynamodb-doc'
- dynamodb cannot create preexisting table