Error: dynamodb unable to find storage information for property
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates that DynamoDB cannot find the storage information for a specific property in the item being written to the table. This can happen if the property is not defined in the table's schema or if the property's data type is incompatible.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, ensure that the property and data type is defined in the table's schema. You can check the schema by calling the
describe_table method or the table's definition in the AWS Management Console.
Here is an example of how to check the schema of a table:
import boto3 # Instantiate a client dynamodb = boto3.client('dynamodb', region_name='us-west-2') # Define the parameters table_name = "my_table" # Perform the operation response = dynamodb.describe_table(TableName=table_name) print(response['Table']['KeySchema'])
Ensure that the property is added or updated in the correct format and data type.
Additionally, check if the IAM user or role used to call the function has the necessary permissions to perform the desired operation on the DynamoDB service.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Missing Authentication Token
- DynamoDB parameter validation failed
- dynamodb atomic counter not working
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- could not unconvert attribute dynamodb
- dynamodb query is not null
- could not connect to the endpoint URL dynamodb
- dynamodb trigger no records processed
- is not authorized to perform dynamodb:* on resource
- could not unmarshal the value dynamodb
- dynamodb index not updated
- dynamodb problem function call failed
- DynamoDB No Regionendpoint Or Serviceurl Configured
- DynamoDB ValidationException: Query condition missed key schema element
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index