Error: DynamoDB Not Supported Requires @DynamoDBTyped Or @DynamoDBTypeConverted
What's Causing This Error
DynamoDB only supports several data types, and sometimes it does not understand how to handle your complex data types. So, in such instances, if you do not define a converter class to specify how to convert your object to a string and back again, DynamoDB will throw this error.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To resolve this error, you have to check and verify that all the values passed are properly annotated. You can also use
DynamoDBMapper to handle the conversions between the data types automatically.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- boto3 dynamodb client error
- dynamodb type custid is not supported
- error retrieving dynamodb table item serializationexception
- dynamodb consistent reads are not supported on global secondary indexes
- dynamodb validation error detected
- a bytes-like object is required not binary dynamodb
- a cell may contain a maximum of 30000 characters dynamodb
- dynamodb stream missing fields
- dynamodb local unable to locate credentials
- dynamodb text contents could not be decoded
- dynamodb exclusivestartkey not working
- dynamodb request is missing authentication token
- DynamoDB Error Message KeyError item is not JSON serializable
- DynamoDB FilterExpression Not Working
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
Login to the AWS Console less. Use Dynobase.
Try 7-day free trial. No strings attached.
© 2023 Dynobase