Error: dynamodb type custid is not supported
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue with the data type of an attribute in the item being stored or retrieved in DynamoDB.
Specifically, it indicates that the data type "custid" is not supported by DynamoDB. Instead, DynamoDB only supports the following data types:
- 'S' for string
- 'N' for number
- 'B' for binary
- 'BOOL' for Boolean
- 'NULL' for null
- 'L' for List
- 'M' for Map
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, check the data types of the item's attributes to ensure that they match the supported data types by DynamoDB. In addition, make sure that the attribute that is expecting a supported data type is being passed a value of the corresponding type.
You can convert the value to the supported data type before putting the item in the table.
Also, check that the IAM user or role used to call the function has the necessary permissions to operate on the DynamoDB service.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- DynamoDB Missing Authentication Token
- dynamodb does not support null values
- DynamoDB No Regionendpoint Or Serviceurl Configured
- dynamodb the parameter cannot be converted to a numeric value
- validationsettings are not supported for 'dynamodb' endpoint
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- DynamoDB Local Docker Not Working
- DynamoDB batchwrite error
- DynamoDB Auto Scaling Not Working
- dynamodb unable to execute http request
- Error retrieving DynamoDB table item validation exception
- DynamoDB Invalid UpdateExpression Syntax Error Token
- DynamoDB scan filter expression not working
- appsync dynamodb not seeing all fields