Error: dynamodb type custid is not supported
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue with the data type of an attribute in the item being stored or retrieved in DynamoDB.
Specifically, it indicates that the data type "custid" is not supported by DynamoDB. Instead, DynamoDB only supports the following data types:
- 'S' for string
- 'N' for number
- 'B' for binary
- 'BOOL' for Boolean
- 'NULL' for null
- 'L' for List
- 'M' for Map
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, check the data types of the item's attributes to ensure that they match the supported data types by DynamoDB. In addition, make sure that the attribute that is expecting a supported data type is being passed a value of the corresponding type.
You can convert the value to the supported data type before putting the item in the table.
Also, check that the IAM user or role used to call the function has the necessary permissions to operate on the DynamoDB service.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- dynamodb system error cloudwatch
- dynamodb cannot convert undefined to object
- DynamoDB Missing Authentication Token
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- DynamoDB Key element does not match the schema
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- dynamodb cannot create preexisting table
- AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
- DynamoDB Mapper Could Not Instantiate Class
- DynamoDB Update Not Working
- DynamoDB ValidationException: Query condition missed key schema element
- DynamoDB Scan Not Working
- dynamodb query key condition not supported
Tired of AWS Console? Try Dynobase.
Try 7-day free trial. No strings attached.
© 2023 Dynobase