Error: a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network dynamodb
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue with the network connectivity to the DynamoDB service. Specifically, it means that a socket operation was attempted on an unreachable network. For example, this can happen if the network connection to the DynamoDB service is down or a firewall or routing issue prevents the connection from being established.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, check the network connectivity to the DynamoDB service and ensure it is available and accessible. You can try to ping or telnet the service endpoint to check if you can reach the service.
ping -c 4 dynamodb.us-west-2.amazonaws.com
You can also try to switch to a different network or use a VPN to connect to the service.
Additionally, ensure that the security groups and firewalls allow the connection to the service endpoint.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Query Limit Not Working
- dynamodb cannot read properties of undefined
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- DynamoDB Is Not Null
- DynamoDB failedbatch retry
- DynamoDB local is not available for stage dev
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- dynamodb local unable to open database file
- could not connect to the endpoint URL dynamodb
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- can't pickle thread.lock objects typeerror boto3 python dynamodb
- DynamoDB TTL Not Working
- cannot find module 'dynamodb-doc'
- dynamodb could not instantiate class
- dynamodb stream missing fields