Error: a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network dynamodb
Answered by Rafal Wilinski
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue with the network connectivity to the DynamoDB service. Specifically, it means that a socket operation was attempted on an unreachable network. For example, this can happen if the network connection to the DynamoDB service is down or a firewall or routing issue prevents the connection from being established.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, check the network connectivity to the DynamoDB service and ensure it is available and accessible. You can try to ping or telnet the service endpoint to check if you can reach the service.
ping -c 4 dynamodb.us-west-2.amazonaws.com
You can also try to switch to a different network or use a VPN to connect to the service.
Additionally, ensure that the security groups and firewalls allow the connection to the service endpoint.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb net scan condition or not working
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- DynamoDB Key element does not match the schema
- DynamoDB No Regionendpoint Or Serviceurl Configured
- DynamoDB sorting is not supported for scan expressions
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
- dynamodb localhost not working
- DynamoDB Invalid UpdateExpression Syntax Error Token
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- dynamodb index not found
- dynamodb list_append returns true but does not work
- boto3 dynamodb unable to locate credentials
- does not support attribute type arn aws dynamodb
- DynamoDB Failed To Compute Node presentation
- com amazonaws services dynamodbv2 model resourcenotfoundexception