Error: dynamodb throughput error
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue with the throughput of the DynamoDB service.
Specifically, it indicates that the rate of requests being made to the service exceeds the provisioned throughput for the table. For example, this example, this can happen if the rate of requests exceeds the number of reads or write capacity units provisioned for the table or if the number of requests exceeds the maximum allowed by the service.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error:
- Check the provisioned throughput for the table and increase the read or write capacity units as needed. This can be done through the AWS Management Console, the AWS CLI, or the SDKs.
- Use the Exponential Backoff algorithm to handle the throughput error and retry the requests with an increasing delay between each retry.
- Use the boto3 library's
client.get_waiter()function to wait for the table to become active before operating.
client = boto3.client('dynamodb') waiter = client.get_waiter('table_exists') waiter.wait(TableName='your-table-name')
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB delete fails
- comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb
- resourcenotfoundexception dynamodb nodejs
- dynamodb cannot convert undefined to object
- DynamoDB Errors InvalidSignatureException Signature Expired
- AWS DynamoDB errors ResourceNotFoundException
- aws lambda dynamodb nodejs not working after few puts
- dynamodb local shell not working
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- ExpressionAttributeValues contains invalid value: One or more parameter values were invalid: An AttributeValue may not contain an empty string
- dynamodb put function not working
- dynamodb could not instantiate class
- DynamoDB ValidationException: Query condition missed key schema element
- dynamodb 1 validation error detected value