Error: failed to begin subsegment named 'amazondynamodbv2': segment cannot be found.
What's Causing This Error
This error occurs when the X-Ray SDK in Java attempts to record an outgoing call to AWS but cannot find an available segment. For example, you may run into this error if:
- The servlet is not configured.
- You use instrumented clients outside of the servlet code.
- You use instrumented clients in worker threads.
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
First, create a servlet filter to instrument incoming requests.
Then, if you're using an instrumented client to make calls in startup code that don't run with a response to the incoming request, you should create a segment manually,
Finally, if you're using instrument clients in worker threads, you will have to use the
setTraceEntity methods to obtain the reference to the current subsegment. Afterward, pass it back to the recorder inside of the thread.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- aws lambda dynamodb nodejs not working after few puts
- comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb
- dynamodb ttl not deleting / erasing items
- DynamoDB Query Limit Not Working
- DynamoDB No Regionendpoint Or Serviceurl Configured
- AWS DynamoDB errors ResourceNotFoundException
- dynamodb cannot assign requested address
- could not unmarshal the value dynamodb
- DynamoDB Network Error: self signed certificate in chain
- sls dynamodb install not working
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- DynamoDB ValidationException: Query condition missed key schema element
- dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key
- DynamoDB Hostname Cannot Be Null
Better DynamoDB experience.
Try 7-day free trial. No strings attached.
© 2023 Dynobase