Error: failed to begin subsegment named 'amazondynamodbv2': segment cannot be found.
What's Causing This Error
This error occurs when the X-Ray SDK in Java attempts to record an outgoing call to AWS but cannot find an available segment. For example, you may run into this error if:
- The servlet is not configured.
- You use instrumented clients outside of the servlet code.
- You use instrumented clients in worker threads.
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
First, create a servlet filter to instrument incoming requests.
Then, if you're using an instrumented client to make calls in startup code that don't run with a response to the incoming request, you should create a segment manually,
Finally, if you're using instrument clients in worker threads, you will have to use the
setTraceEntity methods to obtain the reference to the current subsegment. Afterward, pass it back to the recorder inside of the thread.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb could not instantiate class
- dynamodb put fail if exists
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- dynamodb ttl not deleting / erasing items
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- dynamodb map template foreach not working
- aws lambda dynamodb nodejs not working after few puts
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- dynamodb getItem() is not a function
- dynamodb local shell not working
- dynamodb net scan condition or not working
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
- dynamodb streams missing events
- error retrieving dynamodb table item serializationexception