Error: dynamodb getItem() is not a function
What's Causing This Error
This error occurs when the DynamoDB object you use does not contain the
getItem() function. For example, the document client does not contain the
getItem() function, but contains the
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
Try one of the following steps to resolve the error:
1. Install the AWS SDK.
Verify that you have installed the AWS SDK in the project. If you have not installed it, use the below command to install the SDK.
npm i aws-sdk // for Node.js
2. Instantiate a DynamoDB object from the correct import.
Make sure you use the DynamoDB object as shown in the code snippet below.
const aws = require('aws-sdk'); const dynamo = new aws.DynamoDB();
3. Use Valid Naming
getItem() and not
getitem() to invoke the function. The method is only available in camel casing convention.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- amazon dynamodb query parentparams is not defined
- dynamodb ttl not deleting / erasing items
- aws.dynamodb.converter.unmarshall not working
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- requested resource not found aws dynamodb
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- dynamodb put item not working
- why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
- aws lambda dynamodb nodejs not working after few puts
- DynamoDB ValidationException: Query condition missed key schema element
- ProvisionedThroughputExceededException DynamoDB
- AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
© 2022 Dynobase