Error: dynamodb getItem() is not a function
What's Causing This Error
This error occurs when the DynamoDB object you use does not contain the
getItem() function. For example, the document client does not contain the
getItem() function, but contains the
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
Try one of the following steps to resolve the error:
1. Install the AWS SDK.
Verify that you have installed the AWS SDK in the project. If you have not installed it, use the below command to install the SDK.
npm i aws-sdk // for Node.js
2. Instantiate a DynamoDB object from the correct import.
Make sure you use the DynamoDB object as shown in the code snippet below.
const aws = require('aws-sdk'); const dynamo = new aws.DynamoDB();
3. Use Valid Naming
getItem() and not
getitem() to invoke the function. The method is only available in camel casing convention.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Internal Server Error
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- dynamodb query key condition not supported
- resourcenotfoundexception dynamodb nodejs
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- dynamodb put function not working
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- accessdeniedexception dynamodb
- Error ValidationException: One or more parameter values were invalid: Type mismatch for key X expected: S actual: M
- aws.dynamodb.converter.unmarshall not working
- aws lambda dynamodb nodejs not working after few puts
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
© 2022 Dynobase