Error: dynamodb throttle error code
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue with the rate at which requests are being made to the DynamoDB service.
Specifically, it indicates that the requests are being made at a rate that exceeds the DynamoDB service's provisioned throughput. For example, this can happen if the rate of requests exceeds the number of reads or write capacity units provisioned for the table or if the number of requests exceeds the maximum allowed by the service.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error:
- Check the rate of requests being made to the DynamoDB service and ensure that it does not exceed the provisioned throughput.
- Use CloudWatch to monitor the usage of your tables and adjust the provisioned throughput as needed.
- Use the Exponential Backoff algorithm to handle the throttling error and retry the requests with an increasing delay between each retry.
- Use the
client.get_waiter()function to wait for the table to become active before operating.
client = boto3.client('dynamodb') waiter = client.get_waiter('table_exists') waiter.wait(TableName='your-table-name')
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb update fail if not exists
- error dynamodb streams must be enabled on the table
- dynamodb request is missing authentication token
- dynamodb query is not null
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property
- DynamoDB VPC endpoint not working
- dynamodb put fail if exists
- boto3 dynamodb client error
- dynamodb global secondary index not working
- dynamodb value cannot be null. (parameter 'type')
- DynamoDB BatchWriteItem error
- DynamoDB stream lambda error
- DynamoDB service unavailable
- DynamoDB consistent read not working
- Could not connect to the endpoint URL https:dynamodb.singapore.amazonaws.com
Tired of AWS Console? Try Dynobase.
Try 7-day free trial. No strings attached.
© 2023 Dynobase