Error: DynamoDB Scan Not Working
What's Causing This Error
The Scan operation covers your entire database table and returns the relevant data. But there can be instances where DynamoDB Scan does not return all the data you expect. In addition, the result set you receive would be empty if no matching items were found.
However, if the Scan operation does not return all the data, it is probably because a single DynamoDB scan request can only retrieve up to 1 MB of data.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
When using DynamoDB Scan operation, remember that it retrieves only up to a maximum of 1 MB of data per scan. So, this depends on the individual size of each item you are trying to return. If this is the issue, you can use the
LastEvaluatedKey (not null if the result set is over 1 MB) in your API call as a part of the request in your following calls. Then it will return the next set of your results with pagination.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- could not unconvert attribute dynamodb
- accessdeniedexception dynamodb
- aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
- ImportError: No module named boto3 (DynamoDB)
- DynamoDB Network Error: self signed certificate in chain
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- could not connect to the endpoint URL dynamodb
- dynamodb map template foreach not working
- dynamodb ttl not deleting / erasing items
- dynamodb getItem() is not a function
- AWS CLI DynamoDB Error Parsing Parameter
- AWS DynamoDB Provisioning Error
- DynamoDB Error Message KeyError item is not JSON serializable
- appsync dynamodb not seeing all fields
- DynamoDB FilterExpression Not Working