Error: DynamoDB Scan Not Working
What's Causing This Error
The Scan operation covers your entire database table and returns the relevant data. But there can be instances where DynamoDB Scan does not return all the data you expect. In addition, the result set you receive would be empty if no matching items were found.
However, if the Scan operation does not return all the data, it is probably because a single DynamoDB scan request can only retrieve up to 1 MB of data.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
When using DynamoDB Scan operation, remember that it retrieves only up to a maximum of 1 MB of data per scan. So, this depends on the individual size of each item you are trying to return. If this is the issue, you can use the
LastEvaluatedKey (not null if the result set is over 1 MB) in your API call as a part of the request in your following calls. Then it will return the next set of your results with pagination.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- dynamodb atomic counter not working
- DynamoDB Key element does not match the schema
- requested resource not found aws dynamodb
- resourcenotfoundexception dynamodb nodejs
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- DynamoDB ValidationException: Query condition missed key schema element
- aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
- dynamodb put function not working
- aws lambda dynamodb nodejs not working after few puts
- dynamodb map template foreach not working
- AWS DynamoDB CredentialsError: Missing credentials in config
- dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key
© 2022 Dynobase