Error: DynamoDB Scan Not Working
What's Causing This Error
The Scan operation covers your entire database table and returns the relevant data. But there can be instances where DynamoDB Scan does not return all the data you expect. In addition, the result set you receive would be empty if no matching items were found.
However, if the Scan operation does not return all the data, it is probably because a single DynamoDB scan request can only retrieve up to 1 MB of data.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
When using DynamoDB Scan operation, remember that it retrieves only up to a maximum of 1 MB of data per scan. So, this depends on the individual size of each item you are trying to return. If this is the issue, you can use the
LastEvaluatedKey (not null if the result set is over 1 MB) in your API call as a part of the request in your following calls. Then it will return the next set of your results with pagination.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count
- ExpressionAttributeValues contains invalid value: One or more parameter values were invalid: An AttributeValue may not contain an empty string
- amazon dynamodb query parentparams is not defined
- DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
- DynamoDB Key element does not match the schema
- dynamodb scan missing values
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property
- dynamodb getItem() is not a function
- dynamodb value cannot be null. (parameter 'type')
- Error ValidationException: One or more parameter values were invalid: Type mismatch for key X expected: S actual: M
- a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network dynamodb
- dynamodb request is missing authentication token
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- dynamodb system error cloudwatch