Error: dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
What's Causing This Error
There are several reasons for this error. For example:
- If you are working with the serverless framework, serverless-dynamodb-local and serverless-offline plugins can cause this error.
- If the newly created Local Secondary Index is not listed under the
In addition, this error can occur due to issues in your database queries where you spell the index wrong, or refer to an index that does not belong to the table that you are querying.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
There are a few ways that you can solve this error.
- Ensure that the index that you are querying/scanning exists.
- Ensure that you spell the index correctly.
- Ensure that the index you query belongs to the correct table.
- If you are running DynamoDB Local, the most common way to fix this issue is to delete the local DynamoDB database configuration file and restart the database service. It will create a new local database configuration file with valid Local Secondary Indexes.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- accessdeniedexception dynamodb
- DynamoDB local is not available for stage test
- DynamoDB type item is not supported
- DynamoDB Get not found
- DynamoDB GetItem no item
- does not support attribute type arn aws dynamodb
- DynamoDB string set cannot be empty
- dynamodb global secondary index not working
- dynamodb user errors metric
- dynamodb attribute does not exist
- dynamodb index not found
- dynamodb unable to locate property for key attribute
- DynamoDB No Regionendpoint Or Serviceurl Configured
- dynamodb local unable to open database file
- the dynamodb service does not have version
Login to the AWS Console less. Use Dynobase.
First 7 days are on us. No strings attached.
© 2023 Dynobase