Error: DynamoDB stream no records processed
What's Causing This Error
DynamoDB Streams capture a time-ordered sequence of item-level modifications in a DynamoDB table and make them available to other AWS services. If no records are being processed, it could be due to several reasons, such as:
- The stream is not enabled on the DynamoDB table: To use DynamoDB Streams, it must be enabled on the table from which you want to stream the data.
- The stream is not in an active state: If it is not in an active state, it will not process any records.
- No new data is being written to the table: If no new data is being written to the table, there will be no records to process.
- The Lambda function that is processing the stream records is not configured correctly: If the Lambda function that is processing the stream records is not configured correctly, it will not process any records.
- The DynamoDB Stream is being consumed by another application or service, and so it is not available for this application to consume.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
Here are a few ways to solve this issue:
- Enable the stream on the table: Make sure that the stream is enabled on the DynamoDB table from which you want to stream the data.
- Check the stream status: Check the status of the stream to ensure that it is in an active state.
- Write new data to the table: Write new data to the table so there are records to process.
- Configure the Lambda function correctly: Make sure that the Lambda function that is processing the stream records is configured correctly.
- Check the IAM permissions: Ensure that the IAM role or user consuming the stream has the necessary permissions to read the stream.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb condition does not exist
- DynamoDB aliasing is not supported
- dynamodb-admin not working
- Error retrieving DynamoDB table item validation exception
- DynamoDB BatchWriteItem error
- DynamoDB transaction error
- DynamoDB local error spawn java ENOENT
- DynamoDB missing items
- DynamoDB parameter validation failed
- dynamodb no range key value present
- dynamodb validation error detected
- error dynamodb streams must be enabled on the table
- DynamoDB Missing Authentication Token
- dynamodb is abstract cannot be instantiated
- DynamoDB local is not available for stage test