Error: DynamoDB stream no records processed
What's Causing This Error
DynamoDB Streams capture a time-ordered sequence of item-level modifications in a DynamoDB table and make them available to other AWS services. If no records are being processed, it could be due to several reasons, such as:
- The stream is not enabled on the DynamoDB table: To use DynamoDB Streams, it must be enabled on the table from which you want to stream the data.
- The stream is not in an active state: If it is not in an active state, it will not process any records.
- No new data is being written to the table: If no new data is being written to the table, there will be no records to process.
- The Lambda function that is processing the stream records is not configured correctly: If the Lambda function that is processing the stream records is not configured correctly, it will not process any records.
- The DynamoDB Stream is being consumed by another application or service, and so it is not available for this application to consume.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
Here are a few ways to solve this issue:
- Enable the stream on the table: Make sure that the stream is enabled on the DynamoDB table from which you want to stream the data.
- Check the stream status: Check the status of the stream to ensure that it is in an active state.
- Write new data to the table: Write new data to the table so there are records to process.
- Configure the Lambda function correctly: Make sure that the Lambda function that is processing the stream records is configured correctly.
- Check the IAM permissions: Ensure that the IAM role or user consuming the stream has the necessary permissions to read the stream.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb table not exists
- dynamodb query key condition not supported
- dynamodb cannot convert undefined or null to object
- failed to begin subsegment named 'amazondynamodbv2': segment cannot be found.
- dynamodb atomic counter not working
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- is not authorized to perform dynamodb:* on resource
- dynamodb getItem() is not a function
- sls dynamodb install not working
- dynamodb local shell not working
- DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
- dynamodb does not accept empty set
- dynamodb list_append returns true but does not work
- ExpressionAttributeValues contains invalid value: One or more parameter values were invalid: An AttributeValue may not contain an empty string
Tired of switching accounts and regions? Use Dynobase.
Try 7-day free trial. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase