Error: dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key
What's Causing This Error
You may run into this error when you try to update and insert a new item to a DynamoDB table by using invalid data types for the attributes.
If you've pre-defined attributes (
AttributeDefinitions) to be used as the partition and range keys for your GSIs and table, you most likely selected a data type varying from a String, Number, or a Binary (Map).
AttributeDefinitions need to be preserved when creating or updating data.
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
Verify that the attributes in your item are a part of the
AttributeDenitions which use the same data type specified during the creation time.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- KMS Key Access Denied Error DynamoDB
- dynamodb-admin is not recognized as an internal or external command
- dynamodb-admin not working
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property
- aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
- a cell may contain a maximum of 30000 characters dynamodb
- DynamoDB ValidationException: Query condition missed key schema element
- dynamodb table did not stabilize
- dynamodb system error cloudwatch
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- sls dynamodb install not working
- dynamodb index not updated
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index