Error: lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
What's Causing This Error
This error occurs due to several reasons.
- No changes detected: If there are no new stream records, DynamoDB will not invoke the Lambda.
- Streams disabled: The Lambda will not get invoked if streams are disabled for the DyanmoDB table.
- Lambda versioning: This error occurred when referring to Lambda using the
$LATESTversion for some users.
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
First, visit the DynamoDB console to ensure that streams are enabled for the table to resolve the error.
Afterward, ensure that the stream receives new records by verifying that changes do happen for the items.
Finally, try publishing a new version for the Lambda function by navigating to the Lambda console. Afterward, use the "fixed" lambda version for the DynamoDB Stream.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- DynamoDB transaction error
- CORS Error DynamoDB
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- DynamoDB Invalid UpdateExpression Syntax Error Token
- could not lookup table in dynamodb
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- DynamoDB Duplicate Key Error
- dynamodb 1 validation error detected value
- failed to list tables not authorized dynamodb
- DynamoDB Expression Not Null
- dynamodb put function not working
- DynamoDB Local Missing Authentication Token
Dynobase is a Professional GUI Client for DynamoDB
Start your 7-day free trial today
© 2023 Dynobase