Error: lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
What's Causing This Error
This error occurs due to several reasons.
- No changes detected: If there are no new stream records, DynamoDB will not invoke the Lambda.
- Streams disabled: The Lambda will not get invoked if streams are disabled for the DyanmoDB table.
- Lambda versioning: This error occurred when referring to Lambda using the
$LATESTversion for some users.
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
First, visit the DynamoDB console to ensure that streams are enabled for the table to resolve the error.
Afterward, ensure that the stream receives new records by verifying that changes do happen for the items.
Finally, try publishing a new version for the Lambda function by navigating to the Lambda console. Afterward, use the "fixed" lambda version for the DynamoDB Stream.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- accessdeniedexception dynamodb
- DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
- dynamodb put item not working
- resourcenotfoundexception dynamodb nodejs
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- DynamoDB Delete Method Not Working For The First Time
- why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count
- dynamodb query key condition not supported
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- DynamoDB Auto Scaling Not Working
- Error ValidationException: One or more parameter values were invalid: Type mismatch for key X expected: S actual: M
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- requested resource not found aws dynamodb
© 2022 Dynobase