Error: could not transform a dynamodb amazonserviceexception to a compatible kinesis exception
Answered by Rafal Wilinski
What's Causing This Error
You will run into this error when using DynamoDB and Kinesis in Java. For example, this error will occur if your application cannot handle the specific exception thrown by DynamoDB and cannot convert it to a format that Kinesis can use.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
Since this error can occur due to numerous reasons varying from a bug in the AWS SDK to a bug in your code or simply a lousy error handling mechanism, there is no proper way to solve this.
Therefore, check the configurations of the DynamoDB and Kinesis services to ensure they are set up correctly. You should also check the code handling the exception to see if there is a bug or a problem with the data being passed between the two services.
Finally, if nothing works, check if the error occurs from an internal Java AWS library. If so, try updating the SDK version.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB scan does not return all items
- is not authorized to perform dynamodb:* on resource
- AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- could not unmarshal the value dynamodb
- dynamodb cannot read properties of undefined
- DynamoDB Failed To Compute Node presentation
- DynamoDB Missing Authentication Token
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- could not unconvert attribute dynamodb
- dynamodb 1 validation error detected value
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- DynamoDB local error unable to access JAR file dynamodblocal.jar
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- AWS DynamoDB CredentialsError: Missing credentials in config