Error: dynamodb cannot assign requested address
What's Causing This Error
You may run into this error while trying to connect to DynamoDB Local. For example, this error may happen when there is a problem with the network configuration or when the system cannot bind to the IP address and port specified in the command.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
There is no hard and set practice in solving this error. However, you can try any of the following.
- Ensure that your local DynamoDB instance is up and running.
- Ensure that the IP address/hostname specified in the command is correct.
- Ensure that the port you try to connect to is not already in use.
- Ensure that the user running the command has permission to bind to the IP Address and Port.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Key element does not match the schema
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- dynamodb global secondary index not working
- dynamodb item size limit error
- resourcenotfoundexception dynamodb nodejs
- moto dynamodb not working
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
- cannot find module 'dynamodb-doc'
- is not authorized to perform dynamodb:* on resource
- could not connect to the endpoint URL dynamodb
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- requested resource not found aws dynamodb
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- dynamodb atomic counter not working
- dynamodb query key condition not supported