Error: AWS DynamoDB Provisioning Error
What's Causing This Error
In DynamoDB provisioning, you have to specify the amount of data writes and reads you require for the application per second. Therefore, errors may arise when the throughput exceeds the capacity of the index or the table. For instance, an unpredicted sudden spike in the read operations exceeding the specified read capacity can result in an error. Or this can happen when your request rate is too high.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
DynamoDB is capable of handling occasional spikes of throughput without much hassle. But your requests get throttled when the limit exceeds, and it will result in an exception. If your database workloads are unpredictable, you can use DynamoDB auto-scaling to manage the throughput capacity automatically. You can reduce the request frequency or use exponential backoff if your request rate is too high. Ensure you know about the burst capacity and request throttling to prevent such situations.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- dynamodb net scan condition or not working
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- AWS DynamoDB CredentialsError: Missing credentials in config
- DynamoDB Internal Server Error
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
- DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
- aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
- Error ValidationException: One or more parameter values were invalid: Type mismatch for key X expected: S actual: M
- failed to begin subsegment named 'amazondynamodbv2': segment cannot be found.
- resourcenotfoundexception dynamodb nodejs