Error: boto3 dynamodb unable to locate credentials
What's Causing This Error
This is an error that is not only specific to DynamoDB but common when using the AWS CLI or SDK without properly configured credentials in your development environment.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
There are numerous actions that you can perform to fix this error. You can try the solutions listed below to see which works for you.
- Ensure that you have an AWS Credentials file in your root directory -
~/.aws/credentials. If you have not done this, use the AWS CLI and run the command
aws configureto configure an AWS Profile.
- Ensure that your AWS Secret Access Key and Access Key are correctly referenced.
- Ensure that your AWS credentials file is in the correct format. The format is given below.
> aws_secret_access_key=< >
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb throttle error code
- dynamodb item size limit error
- could not load profile default dynamodb
- com amazonaws services dynamodbv2 model resourcenotfoundexception
- resourcenotfoundexception dynamodb nodejs
- dynamodb the parameter cannot be converted to a numeric value
- failed to begin subsegment named 'amazondynamodbv2': segment cannot be found.
- dynamodb trigger no records processed
- dynamodb request is missing authentication token
- ExpressionAttributeValues contains invalid value: One or more parameter values were invalid: An AttributeValue may not contain an empty string
- dynamodb no range key value present
- cognitoidentitycredentials is not authorized to perform dynamodb describetable
- could not unmarshal the value dynamodb
- KMS Key Access Denied Error DynamoDB
- dynamodb global secondary index does not project