Error: DynamoDB ValidationException: Query condition missed key schema element
It means you're trying to run a Query using a condition that does not include the partition/hash key. In order to run a query in DynamoDB, you have to provide hash key of the primary index or secondary index.
For example, if you have a DynamoDB table with Partition Key called "index" and GSI (Global Secondary Index) with partition key called "email", you can only perform queries on these two, no matter how many other attributes your items in the table have. If you can't do that, use Scan operation instead since it can search for data on non-indexed fields.
You can also use our Query Builder - it will help you construct the query operation parameters which you can later paste into your application.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- ExpressionAttributeValues contains invalid value: One or more parameter values were invalid: An AttributeValue may not contain an empty string
- DynamoDB cannot do operations on a non-existent table
- dynamodb-admin is not recognized as an internal or external command
- dynamodb the parameter cannot be converted to a numeric value NaN
- dynamodb local unable to open database file
- dynamodb property projection cannot be empty
- a cell may contain a maximum of 30000 characters dynamodb
- dynamodb validation error detected
- dynamodb type custid is not supported
- dynamodb throughput error
- dynamodb cannot create preexisting table
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- is not authorized to perform dynamodb:* on resource
- dynamodb update fail if not exists
- dynamodb atomic counter not working