What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates that the SDK or library used to interact with DynamoDB cannot parse the Base64 encoded string used to store a binary attribute in the item. This can happen if the encoded string is not in the correct format, if the SDK or library is not configured to handle Base64 encoding, or if the property's data type is not compatible with the schema.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, ensure that the Base64 encoded string is in the correct format by checking that it only contains valid Base64 characters and is appropriately padded.
Verify that the SDK or library is configured to handle Base64 encoding. Then, if necessary, you can use the built-in base64 library in Python to encode and decode the attribute.
Ensure that the property is added or updated in the correct format and data type.
It's also important to check if the IAM user or role used to call the function has the necessary permissions to perform the desired operation on the DynamoDB service.
Finally, check that the provided access key and secret key are valid and have the necessary permissions to access the DynamoDB service.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB stream no records processed
- AWS DynamoDB CredentialsError: Missing credentials in config
- DynamoDB Hostname Cannot Be Null
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- DynamoDB Local Missing Authentication Token
- DynamoDB Expression Not Null
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- DynamoDB stream lambda error
- DynamoDB Network Error: self signed certificate in chain
- dynamodb ttl not deleting / erasing items
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- Error retrieving DynamoDB table item validation exception
- amazon dynamodb query parentparams is not defined
- DynamoDB is not showing all columns