Error: aws lambda dynamodb nodejs not working after few puts
What's Causing This Error
You may run into this error due to two reasons.
1. Using the same partition key
DynamoDB will replace the item using the Put operation if you use the same partition key. Therefore, it may look like nothing is happening, but your data item gets replaced.
2. Throughput Exceeded
If your WCUs have exceeded, DynamoDB may temporarily reject Put requests.
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
First, ensure that a new partition key is provided for every invocation of the
Put() function. Additionally, consider using the nano-id library to generate unique IDs for the partition key.
Second, try increasing the provisioned throughput or use AWS Application Auto Scaling to scale DynamoDB up and down when needed to ensure it does not throttle.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- AWS DynamoDB CredentialsError: Missing credentials in config
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- aws.dynamodb.converter.unmarshall not working
- ImportError: No module named boto3 (DynamoDB)
- dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key
- DynamoDB Network Error: self signed certificate in chain
- accessdeniedexception dynamodb
- AWS DynamoDB errors ResourceNotFoundException
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- DynamoDB Key element does not match the schema
- dynamodb put item not working
- DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
© 2022 Dynobase