Error: aws lambda dynamodb nodejs not working after few puts
What's Causing This Error
You may run into this error due to two reasons.
1. Using the same partition key
DynamoDB will replace the item using the Put operation if you use the same partition key. Therefore, it may look like nothing is happening, but your data item gets replaced.
2. Throughput Exceeded
If your WCUs have exceeded, DynamoDB may temporarily reject Put requests.
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
First, ensure that a new partition key is provided for every invocation of the
Put() function. Additionally, consider using the nano-id library to generate unique IDs for the partition key.
Second, try increasing the provisioned throughput or use AWS Application Auto Scaling to scale DynamoDB up and down when needed to ensure it does not throttle.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- dynamodb can not resolve withkeyconditionexpression
- comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb
- DynamoDB ValidationException: Query condition missed key schema element
- DynamoDB Invalid UpdateExpression Syntax Error Token
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- DynamoDB Errors InvalidSignatureException Signature Expired
- Error ValidationException: One or more parameter values were invalid: Type mismatch for key X expected: S actual: M
- could not unconvert attribute dynamodb
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- DynamoDB Internal Server Error
- dynamodb does not accept empty set
- DynamoDB Auto Scaling Not Working
- AWS DynamoDB errors ResourceNotFoundException
- name key is not defined dynamodb
© 2022 Dynobase