What's Causing This Error
The "Item Does Not Exist" error is caused when you are trying to retrieve, update, or delete an item from a DynamoDB table where the primary key you have specified does not exist.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To resolve this error, ensure that the primary key value of the item you pass to the retrieve, update, or delete method actually exists in the table. It is essential to determine the existence of an item before trying to manipulate it in order to avoid unexpected situations.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- amazon dynamodb query parentparams is not defined
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- dynamodb local shell not working
- DynamoDB could not invoke null on class
- cannot find module 'dynamodb-doc'
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- AWS CLI DynamoDB Error Parsing Parameter
- dynamodb cannot create preexisting table
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- dynamodb query not returning the full item
- DynamoDB Error All Attributes Must Be Indexed
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- dynamodb map template foreach not working
- DynamoDB Is Not Null
- boto3 dynamodb unable to locate credentials