Error: dynamodb cannot create preexisting table
What's Causing This Error
You may run into this error if you are trying to create a table with the same name within the same region.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To resolve the error, try any of the following ways:
- Check the list of tables in your DynamoDB service using the AWS Management Console, the AWS CLI, or the
ListTablesoperation to confirm whether the table you're trying to create already exists.
- If the table exists, you can choose a different name for the table or delete the existing table before recreating it.
- Make sure you are providing the correct table name and the correct credentials.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Internal Server Error
- is not authorized to perform dynamodb:* on resource
- boto3 dynamodb client error
- DynamoDB aliasing is not supported
- dynamodb stream missing fields
- localstack dynamodb not working
- moto dynamodb not working
- does not support attribute type arn aws dynamodb
- dynamodb is abstract cannot be instantiated
- a cell may contain a maximum of 30000 characters dynamodb
- dynamodb index does not exist
- dynamodb attribute does not exist
- dynamodb no range key value present
- dynamodb scan missing values
- dynamodb localhost not working
© 2023 Dynobase