Error: AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
What's Causing This Error
Multiple errors and exceptions can arise when using DynamoDB Stream with AWS Lambda. One of the most probable scenarios is losing a part of the stream due to a Lambda failure.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
If the Lambda function unexpectedly exits halfway, then you do not need to worry, as DynamoDB resends the records until they are processed successfully. But DynamoDB Streams process records in order. So, none of the later records process until the failing record is processed.
In such instances, you can use an SQS queue to ensure that records do not block each other. If you prefer not to have duplication, use an SQS FIFO Queue. This way, you can continue processing the remaining items in the stream without an issue.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb connection timeout
- dynamodb list_append returns true but does not work
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- CORS Error DynamoDB
- ProvisionedThroughputExceededException DynamoDB
- name key is not defined dynamodb
- dynamodb does not accept empty set
- DynamoDB FilterExpression Not Working
- cognitoidentitycredentials is not authorized to perform dynamodb describetable
- DynamoDB Auto Scaling Not Working
- amazon dynamodb query parentparams is not defined
- dynamodb query key condition not supported
- DynamoDB Scan Not Working
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- DynamoDB Query Limit Not Working
© 2022 Dynobase