Error: AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
What's Causing This Error
Multiple errors and exceptions can arise when using DynamoDB Stream with AWS Lambda. One of the most probable scenarios is losing a part of the stream due to a Lambda failure.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
If the Lambda function unexpectedly exits halfway, then you do not need to worry, as DynamoDB resends the records until they are processed successfully. But DynamoDB Streams process records in order. So, none of the later records process until the failing record is processed.
In such instances, you can use an SQS queue to ensure that records do not block each other. If you prefer not to have duplication, use an SQS FIFO Queue. This way, you can continue processing the remaining items in the stream without an issue.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB local is not available for stage test
- dynamodb stream missing fields
- can't pickle thread.lock objects typeerror boto3 python dynamodb
- DynamoDB Error Message KeyError item is not JSON serializable
- resourcenotfoundexception dynamodb nodejs
- dynamodb atomic counter not working
- dynamodb getItem() is not a function
- dynamodb not a managed type
- a cell may contain a maximum of 30000 characters dynamodb
- DynamoDB local error spawn java ENOENT
- DynamoDB BatchWriteItem error
- dynamodb cannot read properties of undefined
- dynamodb-admin not working
- name key is not defined dynamodb
- appsync dynamodb not seeing all fields
Better DynamoDB experience.
Try 7-day free trial. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase