Error: AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
What's Causing This Error
Multiple errors and exceptions can arise when using DynamoDB Stream with AWS Lambda. One of the most probable scenarios is losing a part of the stream due to a Lambda failure.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
If the Lambda function unexpectedly exits halfway, then you do not need to worry, as DynamoDB resends the records until they are processed successfully. But DynamoDB Streams process records in order. So, none of the later records process until the failing record is processed.
In such instances, you can use an SQS queue to ensure that records do not block each other. If you prefer not to have duplication, use an SQS FIFO Queue. This way, you can continue processing the remaining items in the stream without an issue.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- DynamoDB Code Working In Node But Not SAM
- failed to begin subsegment named 'amazondynamodbv2': segment cannot be found.
- DynamoDB Key element does not match the schema
- AWS DynamoDB CredentialsError: Missing credentials in config
- aws.dynamodb.converter.unmarshall not working
- aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
- dynamodb put function not working
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- DynamoDB Invalid UpdateExpression Syntax Error Token
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- DynamoDB Internal Server Error
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- requested resource not found aws dynamodb