Error: AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
What's Causing This Error
Multiple errors and exceptions can arise when using DynamoDB Stream with AWS Lambda. One of the most probable scenarios is losing a part of the stream due to a Lambda failure.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
If the Lambda function unexpectedly exits halfway, then you do not need to worry, as DynamoDB resends the records until they are processed successfully. But DynamoDB Streams process records in order. So, none of the later records process until the failing record is processed.
In such instances, you can use an SQS queue to ensure that records do not block each other. If you prefer not to have duplication, use an SQS FIFO Queue. This way, you can continue processing the remaining items in the stream without an issue.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Mapper Could Not Instantiate Class
- dynamodb cannot assign requested address
- dynamodb consistent reads are not supported on global secondary indexes
- dynamodb localhost error
- DynamoDB local is not available for stage test
- DynamoDB type is not supported
- DynamoDB service unavailable
- DynamoDB is missing the key id in the item
- DynamoDB no attribute schema defined
- DynamoDB attribute not empty
- DynamoDB Delete Method Not Working For The First Time
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
- sls dynamodb install not working
- failed to list tables not authorized dynamodb
- DynamoDB Duplicate Key Error