Error: ProvisionedThroughputExceededException DynamoDB
What's Causing This Error
This error occurs when the request rate is too high for DynamoDB to process with your provisioned throughput (WCU, RCU).
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
There are a few ways to solve this error:
- Reduce the rate at which your requests are sent.
- In case of an error, do not immediately retry. Instead, use an exponential backoff algorithm for retries in DynamoDB.
- Increase the provisioned RCU and WCU to match the requirements.
- Create an autoscaling policy that automatically provides more throughput to keep up with the demand.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- cognitoidentitycredentials is not authorized to perform dynamodb describetable
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- DynamoDB Auto Scaling Not Working
- could not unmarshal the value dynamodb
- DynamoDB Delete Not Working
- AWS CLI DynamoDB Error Parsing Parameter
- comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb
- failed to list tables not authorized dynamodb
- dynamodb does not accept empty set
- Conditional Update Error DynamoDB
- DynamoDB Scan Not Working
- DynamoDB Code Working In Node But Not SAM
- dynamodb ttl not deleting / erasing items
- dynamodb local shell not working
© 2023 Dynobase