What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue mapping a value of type string to a specific field or attribute in a DynamoDB table.
Specifically, it indicates that the value could not be mapped to the specified field or attribute. This can happen if the field or attribute in the table is not of type string, if there is an issue with the code that is trying to map the value, or if the value being mapped is not in the correct format for the field or attribute.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error:
- Check the field or attribute in the table to which the value is being mapped and ensure that it is of a type string.
- Check the code that is trying to map the value and ensure that it is correctly mapping the value to the correct field or attribute in the table.
- Ensure the mapped value is in the correct format for the field or attribute.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- aws lambda dynamodb nodejs not working after few puts
- dynamodb throughput error
- DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
- failed to list tables not authorized dynamodb
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count
- dynamodb-admin command not found
- dynamodb items page not authorized with read access
- DynamoDB Failed To Compute Node presentation
- cognitoidentitycredentials is not authorized to perform dynamodb describetable
- AWS CLI DynamoDB Error Parsing Parameter
- DynamoDB Key element does not match the schema
- DynamoDB failedbatch
- dynamodb 1 validation error detected value
- comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb