Error: dynamodb could not be mapped for type string
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue mapping a value of type string to a specific field or attribute in a DynamoDB table.
Specifically, it indicates that the value could not be mapped to the specified field or attribute. This can happen if the field or attribute in the table is not of type string, if there is an issue with the code that is trying to map the value, or if the value being mapped is not in the correct format for the field or attribute.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error:
- Check the field or attribute in the table to which the value is being mapped and ensure that it is of a type string.
- Check the code that is trying to map the value and ensure that it is correctly mapping the value to the correct field or attribute in the table.
- Ensure the mapped value is in the correct format for the field or attribute.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb value cannot be null. (parameter 'type')
- dynamodb docker unable to open database file
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- dynamodb net scan condition or not working
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- could not unconvert attribute dynamodb
- is not authorized to perform dynamodb:* on resource
- ProvisionedThroughputExceededException DynamoDB
- DynamoDB Expression Not Null
- DynamoDB Failed To Compute Node presentation
- dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key
- CORS Error DynamoDB
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- DynamoDB Auto Scaling Not Working
- AWS DynamoDB Provisioning Error
Tired of switching accounts and regions? Use Dynobase.
First 7 days are. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase