Error: dynamodb table not exists
What's Causing This Error
This error indicates that the specified DynamoDB table does not exist in the AWS account. There can be several reasons for that:
- The table was deleted or never created.
- The table is in a different AWS region or account.
- The AWS credentials being used do not have the necessary permissions to access the table.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
You can use AWS Management Console or AWS CLI to verify that the table is available in the specified account or region.
If the table is there, you might have a permission or code issue when trying to access the table. If the table is not there, you need to create a new table.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Error All Attributes Must Be Indexed
- DynamoDB Is Unsupported It Cannot Be Instantiated
- dynamodb docker unable to open database file
- dynamodb request is missing authentication token
- dynamodb trigger no records processed
- KMS Key Access Denied Error DynamoDB
- DynamoDB failedbatch retry
- dynamodb index not updated
- DynamoDB is missing the key id in the item
- DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
- dynamodb the parameter cannot be converted to a numeric value
- DynamoDB Code Working In Node But Not SAM
- DynamoDB Item Does Not Exist
- dynamodb property projection cannot be empty
- dynamodb cannot read property 'push' of undefined