What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue with connecting to the local DynamoDB instance running on localhost. This can happen if the local DynamoDB instance is not running, the endpoint for the local DynamoDB instance is not correct, or there is a networking issue with connecting to the local host.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, first, check that the local DynamoDB instance is running by running the command
java -Djava.library.path=./DynamoDBLocal_lib -jar DynamoDBLocal.jar -sharedDb
Then, check that the endpoint URL used to connect to the local DynamoDB instance is correct and matches the endpoint on which the local DynamoDB instance is listening.
Also, check that the IAM user or role used to call the function has the necessary permissions to perform the operation on the DynamoDB service.
Finally, check that no network issues prevent the localhost's connection.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb put item not working
- DynamoDB Hostname Cannot Be Null
- DynamoDB No Provisioned Throughput specified for the table
- dynamodb problem function call failed
- dynamodb query is null
- dynamodb local unable to open database file
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- DynamoDB stream not working
- name key is not defined dynamodb
- dynamodb validation error detected
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- validationsettings are not supported for 'dynamodb' endpoint
- could not load profile default dynamodb
- a cell may contain a maximum of 30000 characters dynamodb
- DynamoDB Auto Scaling Not Working