Error: dynamodb botocore.exceptions.nocredentialserror unable to locate credentials
Answered by Rafal Wilinski
What's Causing This Error
You may run into this error when the AWS SDK cannot locate your AWS credentials (AWS Access Key and Secret Access Key).
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
There is no well-defined way to solve the error. However, you can try the following to see which works for you.
- Ensure that your AWS credentials (access key and secret key) are set up correctly and have the correct permissions to access DynamoDB and execute the operation you wish to perform.
- You can also check the credentials file (usually located at
~/.aws/credentials) to ensure that it contains the correct access and secret keys.
- If you are running your application on an EC2 instance or Lambda, you can also check that the IAM Role attached to the service has an identity-based policy that allows it to access DynamoDB.
- Ensure that the region you are trying to access DynamoDB is the same as the region in which the credentials are created.
- Make sure that the certificates you are using are not expired.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb unable to locate property for key attribute
- DynamoDB Query Limit Not Working
- dynamodb does not accept empty set
- dynamodb items page not authorized with read access
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- DynamoDB Missing Authentication Token
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
- dynamodb map template foreach not working
- DynamoDB Error Message KeyError item is not JSON serializable
- dynamodb net scan condition or not working
- dynamodb could not load credentials from any providers
- dynamodb consistent reads are not supported on global secondary indexes
- DynamoDB failedbatch retry
- a bytes-like object is required not binary dynamodb