Error: DynamoDB TTL Not Working
What's Causing This Error
There are multiple reasons that may cause TTL not to work. The first cause is TTL being disabled on the DynamoDB table.
The other causes are:
- Using an invalid data type for the TTL attribute.
- When the item does not contain the TTL attribute.
- Using an invalid time format for the TTL timestamp.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
As the first step, check and confirm that TTL is enabled for the DynamoDB table. After that, address the other causes individually to see which works for you.
- You can verify whether you have used the same TTL attribute on the items similar to when creating the table with TTL.
- Ensure the type of the TTL attribute is number.
- Verify you have used the UNIX Epoch Time Format for the TTL timestamp.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb ttl not deleting / erasing items
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
- DynamoDB - The Security Token Included In The Request Is Invalid
- AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
- dynamodb list_append returns true but does not work
- dynamodb query not returning the full item
- dynamodb connection timeout
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- could not unmarshal the value dynamodb
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- DynamoDB Delete Method Not Working For The First Time
- DynamoDB Internal Server Error
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
© 2022 Dynobase