Error: DynamoDB TTL Not Working
What's Causing This Error
There are multiple reasons that may cause TTL not to work. The first cause is TTL being disabled on the DynamoDB table.
The other causes are:
- Using an invalid data type for the TTL attribute.
- When the item does not contain the TTL attribute.
- Using an invalid time format for the TTL timestamp.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
As the first step, check and confirm that TTL is enabled for the DynamoDB table. After that, address the other causes individually to see which works for you.
- You can verify whether you have used the same TTL attribute on the items similar to when creating the table with TTL.
- Ensure the type of the TTL attribute is number.
- Verify you have used the UNIX Epoch Time Format for the TTL timestamp.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
- dynamodb connection timeout
- dynamodb map template foreach not working
- DynamoDB - The Security Token Included In The Request Is Invalid
- appsync dynamodb not seeing all fields
- dynamodb local shell not working
- could not connect to the endpoint URL dynamodb
- dynamodb list_append returns true but does not work
- DynamoDB Delete Not Working
- DynamoDB Error Message KeyError item is not JSON serializable
- ExpressionAttributeValues contains invalid value: One or more parameter values were invalid: An AttributeValue may not contain an empty string
- is not authorized to perform dynamodb:* on resource
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- DynamoDB Update Not Working