Error: DynamoDB TTL Not Working
What's Causing This Error
There are multiple reasons that may cause TTL not to work. The first cause is TTL being disabled on the DynamoDB table.
The other causes are:
- Using an invalid data type for the TTL attribute.
- When the item does not contain the TTL attribute.
- Using an invalid time format for the TTL timestamp.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
As the first step, check and confirm that TTL is enabled for the DynamoDB table. After that, address the other causes individually to see which works for you.
- You can verify whether you have used the same TTL attribute on the items similar to when creating the table with TTL.
- Ensure the type of the TTL attribute is number.
- Verify you have used the UNIX Epoch Time Format for the TTL timestamp.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- ExpressionAttributeValues contains invalid value: One or more parameter values were invalid: An AttributeValue may not contain an empty string
- dynamodb-admin command not found
- dynamodb can not resolve withkeyconditionexpression
- could not lookup table in dynamodb
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
- dynamodb cannot read properties of undefined
- Error ValidationException: One or more parameter values were invalid: Type mismatch for key X expected: S actual: M
- could not connect to the endpoint URL dynamodb
- DynamoDB Network Error: self signed certificate in chain
- aws.dynamodb.converter.unmarshall not working
- KMS Key Access Denied Error DynamoDB
- dynamodb docker unable to open database file
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- dynamodb cannot read property 'push' of undefined
Spend less time in the AWS console, use Dynobase.
Start your 7-day free trial today
© 2023 Dynobase