What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates that there is an issue with the version of the DynamoDB service that is being used. Specifically, it suggests that the service does not have a version specified. This can happen if the version of the service is not specified in the code or if the version of the service being used is not compatible with the code.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, check the code to ensure that the version of the DynamoDB service is specified.
In the boto3 client, you can specify the version of the service you want to use by passing the version parameter:
import boto3 # Instantiate a client with a specific version dynamodb = boto3.client( 'dynamodb', region_name='us-west-2', api_version='2012-08-10')
Finally, ensure that the version specified is compatible with the code and that the service is available in the region where the code is being executed.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB error 400
- dynamodb can not resolve withkeyconditionexpression
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- cannot find module 'dynamodb-doc'
- comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- a cell may contain a maximum of 30000 characters dynamodb
- does not support attribute type arn aws dynamodb
- dynamodb localhost not working
- a bytes-like object is required not binary dynamodb
- sls dynamodb install not working
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb