Error: the dynamodb service does not have version
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates that there is an issue with the version of the DynamoDB service that is being used. Specifically, it suggests that the service does not have a version specified. This can happen if the version of the service is not specified in the code or if the version of the service being used is not compatible with the code.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, check the code to ensure that the version of the DynamoDB service is specified.
In the boto3 client, you can specify the version of the service you want to use by passing the version parameter:
import boto3 # Instantiate a client with a specific version dynamodb = boto3.client( 'dynamodb', region_name='us-west-2', api_version='2012-08-10')
Finally, ensure that the version specified is compatible with the code and that the service is available in the region where the code is being executed.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb the parameter cannot be converted to a numeric value NaN
- dynamodb the parameter cannot be converted to a numeric value
- dynamodb index not found
- dynamodb condition does not exist
- dynamodb query is not null
- DynamoDB is missing the key id in the item
- DynamoDB throttling error
- DynamoDB sorting is not supported for scan expressions
- cognitoidentitycredentials is not authorized to perform dynamodb describetable
- dynamodb put function not working
- dynamodb throttle error code
- dynamodb validation error detected
- dynamodb local unable to locate credentials
- dynamodb consistent reads are not supported on global secondary indexes
- dynamodb connection timeout
Tired of switching accounts and regions? Use Dynobase.
Try 7-day free trial. No strings attached.
© 2023 Dynobase