Error: the dynamodb service does not have version
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates that there is an issue with the version of the DynamoDB service that is being used. Specifically, it suggests that the service does not have a version specified. This can happen if the version of the service is not specified in the code or if the version of the service being used is not compatible with the code.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, check the code to ensure that the version of the DynamoDB service is specified.
In the boto3 client, you can specify the version of the service you want to use by passing the version parameter:
import boto3 # Instantiate a client with a specific version dynamodb = boto3.client( 'dynamodb', region_name='us-west-2', api_version='2012-08-10')
Finally, ensure that the version specified is compatible with the code and that the service is available in the region where the code is being executed.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb throughput error
- accessdeniedexception dynamodb
- DynamoDB Duplicate Key Error
- com amazonaws services dynamodbv2 model resourcenotfoundexception
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
- DynamoDB Mapper Could Not Instantiate Class
- DynamoDB Expression Not Null
- DynamoDB Local NoClassDefFoundError
- dynamodb autoscaling not fast enough
- DynamoDB Update Not Working
- DynamoDB Delete Method Not Working For The First Time
- dynamodb items page not authorized with read access
- DynamoDB Is Unsupported It Cannot Be Instantiated
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property