Error: dynamodb index not updated
What's Causing This Error
There are several potential causes for this issue:
- The index or the table is in a creating or deleting state.
- The table has reached its provisioned throughput limits.
- The item size exceeds the item collection size limit. DynamoDB does not index item collections if it exceeds the size limit of 10 GB.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
You can resolve this error by following the below steps.
- Make sure the table or the index creation process is completed.
- Reduce the item sizes not to exceed 10 GB.
- Verify the code is correct.
- Make sure the table is not throttled.
If the error still exists after those steps, check the Cloudwatch logs for more insights.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'bytelength')
- DynamoDB Duplicate Key Error
- DynamoDB Item Does Not Exist
- DynamoDB scan filter not working
- DynamoDB query is slow
- AWS DynamoDB Provisioning Error
- DynamoDB Delete Not Working
- dynamodb converter not found for enhancedtype
- DynamoDB string set cannot be empty
- DynamoDB type is not supported
- dynamodb unable to locate property for key attribute
- DynamoDB Auto Scaling Not Working
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- dynamodb-admin command not found
- Could not connect to the endpoint URL https:dynamodb.singapore.amazonaws.com
© 2023 Dynobase