Error: DynamoDB Local Cannot Create Preexisting Table
What's Causing This Error
DynamoDB Local does not allow you to create more than one table with the same name. Because of that, you may encounter this error if it is needed to create a table with the same name as an existing table in the local DynamoDB environment. So, such an attempt will be responded to with a "Cannot Create Preexisting Table" error message.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
In this case, ensure that your table names are unique when it comes to creating new tables. If you wish to create a table with a name similar to an existing table, you can first use the
DeleteTable method to delete the existing table.
It is always better to verify that the table you are attempting to create has a correct name and a primary key ahead of time and ensure that the table does not already exist in the local environment.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Delete Not Working
- DynamoDB Duplicate Key Error
- failed to list tables not authorized dynamodb
- dynamodb list_append returns true but does not work
- DynamoDB - The Security Token Included In The Request Is Invalid
- dynamodb item size limit error
- DynamoDB Error Message KeyError item is not JSON serializable
- cognitoidentitycredentials is not authorized to perform dynamodb describetable
- dynamodb could not instantiate class
- dynamodb scan missing values
- dynamodb request is missing authentication token
- boto3 dynamodb unable to locate credentials
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- dynamodb-admin not working
- dynamodb number_value cannot be converted to string