Error: why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count
What's Causing This Error
DynamoDB updates the item count of a GSI roughly every 6 hours. Therefore, it will take a while for DynamoDB to update the item count if you added them recently.
Consequently, you will not be able to see the item count for a few hours (approximately 6).
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
There is no way to improve the time taken for DynamoDB to count items in the GSI. Hence, the only solution is to wait for a couple of hours before checking the item count.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- DynamoDB Invalid UpdateExpression Syntax Error Token
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- name key is not defined dynamodb
- DynamoDB FilterExpression Not Working
- DynamoDB Query Limit Not Working
- dynamodb local shell not working
- dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key
- DynamoDB Network Error: self signed certificate in chain
- could not connect to the endpoint URL dynamodb
- dynamodb query not returning the full item
- ImportError: No module named boto3 (DynamoDB)
- dynamodb connection timeout
- could not unmarshal the value dynamodb
- DynamoDB Internal Server Error
© 2022 Dynobase