Error: why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count
What's Causing This Error
DynamoDB updates the item count of a GSI roughly every 6 hours. Therefore, it will take a while for DynamoDB to update the item count if you added them recently.
Consequently, you will not be able to see the item count for a few hours (approximately 6).
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
There is no way to improve the time taken for DynamoDB to count items in the GSI. Hence, the only solution is to wait for a couple of hours before checking the item count.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
- ExpressionAttributeValues contains invalid value: One or more parameter values were invalid: An AttributeValue may not contain an empty string
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- sls dynamodb install not working
- DynamoDB Network Error: self signed certificate in chain
- cannot find module 'dynamodb-doc'
- aws.dynamodb.converter.unmarshall not working
- dynamodb query not returning the full item
- dynamodb atomic counter not working
- failed to begin subsegment named 'amazondynamodbv2': segment cannot be found.
- dynamodb put function not working
© 2022 Dynobase