Error: why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count
What's Causing This Error
DynamoDB updates the item count of a GSI roughly every 6 hours. Therefore, it will take a while for DynamoDB to update the item count if you added them recently.
Consequently, you will not be able to see the item count for a few hours (approximately 6).
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
There is no way to improve the time taken for DynamoDB to count items in the GSI. Hence, the only solution is to wait for a couple of hours before checking the item count.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb index not updated
- dynamodb cannot convert undefined to object
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- AWS DynamoDB Provisioning Error
- DynamoDB Internal Server Error
- com amazonaws services dynamodbv2 model resourcenotfoundexception
- dynamodb cannot convert undefined or null to object
- dynamodb botocore.exceptions.nocredentialserror unable to locate credentials
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- could not unmarshal the value dynamodb
- dynamodb cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'bytelength')
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb
- appsync dynamodb not seeing all fields
- dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key