Error: Error retrieving DynamoDB table item validation exception
What's Causing This Error
This error is caused when retrieving an item from a DynamoDB table using the incorrect primary key value. A validation exception is raised when the primary key value used to retrieve the item is not present in the table or not matching with the primary key schema defined in the table.
Additionally, you may run into this error if you are have defined additional
ExpressionAttributeValues that you have not used.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, you should ensure that the primary key value used to retrieve the item is correct and exists in the table.
Additionally, ensure that all the attributes you've defined in your DocumentClient queries are used.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Code Working In Node But Not SAM
- DynamoDB FilterExpression Not Working
- dynamodb converter not found for enhancedtype
- DynamoDB Delete Not Working
- is not authorized to perform dynamodb:* on resource
- why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count
- DynamoDB Local Missing Authentication Token
- DynamoDB No Regionendpoint Or Serviceurl Configured
- moto dynamodb not working
- dynamodb ttl not deleting / erasing items
- dynamodb value cannot be null. (parameter 'type')
- could not lookup table in dynamodb
- could not transform a dynamodb amazonserviceexception to a compatible kinesis exception
- localstack dynamodb not working
- DynamoDB failedbatch retry
Dynobase is a Professional GUI Client for DynamoDB
Try 7-day free trial. No strings attached.
© 2023 Dynobase