Error: DynamoDB console unable to delete this item
What's Causing This Error
DynamoDB console's unable to delete this item error can be caused by a variety of issues, such as:
- Incorrect primary key value specified when trying to delete an item.
- Issues with the IAM role associated with the request.
- Another operation is processing the item in a Transaction.
- The table has a stream enabled, and the item you are trying to delete has been modified in the stream.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, you can take the following steps:
- Check the primary key value for the item you are trying to delete and ensure that it matches the item in the table.
- Check the IAM role associated with the request to ensure it has the necessary permissions to delete the item.
- Wait for any other operation accessing the item to complete before attempting to delete it.
- If the table has a stream enabled, you will need to disable the stream before deleting the item.
- It is important to ensure that the primary key value of the item you are trying to delete matches the item in the table and that another operation does not lock the item.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
- dynamodb consistent reads are not supported on global secondary indexes
- dynamodb query is not null
- dynamodb no range key value present
- dynamodb type custid is not supported
- can't pickle thread.lock objects typeerror boto3 python dynamodb
- error dynamodb streams must be enabled on the table
- dynamodb stream missing fields
- dynamodb index not updated
- error retrieving dynamodb table item serializationexception
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property
- Could not connect to the endpoint URL https:dynamodb.singapore.amazonaws.com
- DynamoDB local error spawn java ENOENT
- dynamodb query is null
- DynamoDB internal error
© 2023 Dynobase