Error: DynamoDB console unable to delete this item
What's Causing This Error
DynamoDB console's unable to delete this item error can be caused by a variety of issues, such as:
- Incorrect primary key value specified when trying to delete an item.
- Issues with the IAM role associated with the request.
- Another operation is processing the item in a Transaction.
- The table has a stream enabled, and the item you are trying to delete has been modified in the stream.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, you can take the following steps:
- Check the primary key value for the item you are trying to delete and ensure that it matches the item in the table.
- Check the IAM role associated with the request to ensure it has the necessary permissions to delete the item.
- Wait for any other operation accessing the item to complete before attempting to delete it.
- If the table has a stream enabled, you will need to disable the stream before deleting the item.
- It is important to ensure that the primary key value of the item you are trying to delete matches the item in the table and that another operation does not lock the item.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- failed to begin subsegment named 'amazondynamodbv2': segment cannot be found.
- DynamoDB stream no records processed
- dynamodb cannot read property '0' of undefined
- DynamoDB type item is not supported
- dynamodb type custid is not supported
- DynamoDB scan filter not working
- aws lambda dynamodb nodejs not working after few puts
- dynamodb index not updated
- dynamodb global secondary index does not project
- DynamoDB BatchWriteItem error
- dynamodb unable to locate property for key attribute
- DynamoDB FilterExpression Not Working
- dynamodb put item not working
- dynamodb local unable to locate credentials
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
Dynobase is a Professional GUI Client for DynamoDB
Try 7-day free trial. No strings attached.
© 2023 Dynobase