Error: DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
In DynamoDB, when writing operations, Condition Expressions can be specified to determine whether operation should be actually performed.
ConditionalCheckFailedException is an error thrown by AWS SDK or CLI when the ConditionExpression evaluates to false. This is especially useful if you want to atomically check data without fetching and then writing. Examples include:
- Create an item if such doesn't exist yet
- Delete an item only if some attribute is defined
- Update user attribute only if user is active
Either remove ConditionExpression from your DynamoDB code or change parameters and data so the condition can be satisfied.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- could not unmarshal the value dynamodb
- why is the GSI dynamodb not showing item count
- dynamodb put function not working
- dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- DynamoDB Invalid UpdateExpression Syntax Error Token
- sls dynamodb install not working
- aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
- DynamoDB Scan Not Working
- AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- dynamodb put item not working
- DynamoDB TTL Not Working
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working