Error: dynamodb local unable to locate credentials
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue with the credentials provided when accessing a local instance of DynamoDB.
Specifically, it indicates that the credentials are not found or cannot be located. For example, this can happen if the credentials are not properly configured in the code or if the credentials file is not in the expected location.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, check the credentials used to access the local instance of DynamoDB and ensure they are properly configured.
The snippet shown below shows an example where credentials are configured in python using
session = boto3.Session( aws_access_key_id='ACCESS_KEY', aws_secret_access_key='SECRET_KEY', region_name='us-west-2' )
Additionally, you can specify the location of the credentials file by setting the
AWS_SHARED_CREDENTIALS_FILE environment variable as shown below.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb net scan condition or not working
- DynamoDB could not invoke null on class
- dynamodb throttle error code
- DynamoDB no attribute schema defined
- DynamoDB No Regionendpoint Or Serviceurl Configured
- dynamodb item size limit error
- DynamoDB scan does not return all items
- a socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network dynamodb
- dynamodb query is null
- dynamodb unable to locate credentials
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
- error updating dynamodb table time to live
- DynamoDB stream lambda error
- dynamodb unknown error
- a bytes-like object is required not binary dynamodb