Error: DynamoDB service unavailable
What's Causing This Error
The error DynamoDB service unavailable is a general error message indicating that the DynamoDB service is currently unavailable. This can be caused by several issues, such as:
Scheduled maintenance or updates on the service
- A high volume of traffic to the service.
- Issues with the underlying infrastructure.
- Temporary service disruptions.
- Bugs in the DynamoDB service.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, you can take the following steps:
- Check the status of the DynamoDB service to see if there are any known issues or scheduled maintenance.
- Implement exponential backoff to handle retries for failed requests.
- Check the underlying infrastructure to ensure that it is functioning correctly.
- If the issue persists, you may contact AWS support for further assistance.
- Additionally, you can use DynamoDB Streams and Lambda functions to handle error handling and retries more efficiently.
- Monitor your CloudWatch metrics for the DynamoDB table to see if you exceed the read and write capacity units.
- Additionally, you can use DynamoDB Auto Scaling to automatically adjust your table's provisioned throughput, so that it can handle any increase in traffic without the need for manual intervention.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb does not support null values
- AWS DynamoDB errors ResourceNotFoundException
- ImportError: No module named boto3 (DynamoDB)
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- amazon dynamodb query parentparams is not defined
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- Error ValidationException: One or more parameter values were invalid: Type mismatch for key X expected: S actual: M
- appsync dynamodb not seeing all fields
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
- DynamoDB Invalid UpdateExpression Syntax Error Token
- dynamodb items page not authorized with read access
- failed to begin subsegment named 'amazondynamodbv2': segment cannot be found.
- dynamodb local shell not working
- aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
- com amazonaws services dynamodbv2 model resourcenotfoundexception