Error: dynamodb stream missing fields
What's Causing This Error
DynamoDB streams are used to capture data modification events in a DynamoDB table. You may encounter this error when working with streams for several reasons:
- The stream only captures changes made to the table's primary key.
- The stream only captures changes made to the table after it is enabled.
- The stream only captures the before and after images of an item.
- Permission issues.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
You can resolve this error by modifying the table's primary key to include the missing fields and recreating the stream with the updated primary key.
If it does not resolve the issue, check the following:
- Check whether the fields were present before the stream was enabled.
- Ensure that the fields are included in an item's before and after images.
- Check the IAM permissions for the stream to ensure that the associated role has the correct permissions to access the missing fields.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB sorting is not supported for scan expressions
- dynamodb map template foreach not working
- DynamoDB Mapper Could Not Instantiate Class
- DynamoDB Delete Method Not Working For The First Time
- DynamoDB FilterExpression Not Working
- dynamodb ttl not deleting / erasing items
- DynamoDB Scan Not Working
- ProvisionedThroughputExceededException DynamoDB
- DynamoDB Not Supported Requires @DynamoDBTyped Or @DynamoDBTypeConverted
- Dynamodb error 500
- DynamoDB no attribute schema defined
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- dynamodb table not exists
- com amazonaws services dynamodbv2 model resourcenotfoundexception
- dynamodb-admin command not found
Tired of AWS Console? Try Dynobase.
Try 7-day free trial. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase