What's Causing This Error
DynamoDB streams are used to capture data modification events in a DynamoDB table. You may encounter this error when working with streams for several reasons:
- The stream only captures changes made to the table's primary key.
- The stream only captures changes made to the table after it is enabled.
- The stream only captures the before and after images of an item.
- Permission issues.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
You can resolve this error by modifying the table's primary key to include the missing fields and recreating the stream with the updated primary key.
If it does not resolve the issue, check the following:
- Check whether the fields were present before the stream was enabled.
- Ensure that the fields are included in an item's before and after images.
- Check the IAM permissions for the stream to ensure that the associated role has the correct permissions to access the missing fields.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- DynamoDB TTL Not Working
- DynamoDB Delete Not Working
- could not unmarshal the value dynamodb
- DynamoDB FilterExpression Not Working
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- could not lookup table in dynamodb
- dynamodb localhost not working
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
- error dynamodb streams must be enabled on the table
- DynamoDB throttling error
- dynamodb text contents could not be decoded
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property
- dynamodb query key condition not supported
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting