Error: dynamodb request is missing authentication token
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates that the request to Amazon DynamoDB is missing an authentication token. To access the DynamoDB service, you need to provide a valid authentication token. This token can be provided as an access and secret key or through an IAM role.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, you need to provide a valid authentication token. One way to do this is by setting your access key and secret key as environment variables and then using them to instantiate the DynamoDB client.
import boto3 import os # Set access key and secret key as environment variables os.environ['AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID'] = 'ACCESS_KEY' os.environ['AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY'] = 'SECRET_KEY' # Instantiate a client dynamodb = boto3.client('dynamodb', region_name='us-west-2')
Another way to provide an authentication token is by providing the credentials when creating the session.
import boto3 # Instantiate a session session = boto3.Session( aws_access_key_id='ACCESS_KEY', aws_secret_access_key='SECRET_KEY', region_name='us-west-2' ) # Instantiate a client dynamodb = session.client('dynamodb')
You can also use an IAM role to provide authentication. This is useful when you run your code on an EC2 instance or Lambda function with an IAM role. In this case, you do not need to provide access or secret keys.
import boto3 # Instantiate a client dynamodb = boto3.client('dynamodb', region_name='us-west-2')
It is also important to check that the provided access key and secret key are valid and have the necessary permissions to access the DynamoDB service.
It's also important to check that the IAM user or role used to call the function has the necessary permissions to perform the desired operation on the DynamoDB service.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB string set may not be empty
- AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- failed to begin subsegment named 'amazondynamodbv2': segment cannot be found.
- DynamoDB TTL Not Working
- comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb
- Conditional Update Error DynamoDB
- DynamoDB Hostname Cannot Be Null
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- dynamodb put item not working
- dynamodb converter not found for enhancedtype
- dynamodb cannot create preexisting table
- KMS Key Access Denied Error DynamoDB
- dynamodb query key condition not supported