Error: DynamoDB batchwrite error
What's Causing This Error
This error can be caused by a variety of issues, such as:
- Attempting to write more than 25 items in a single batch write request.
- Attempting to write an item that exceeds the item size limit of 400 KB.
- Attempting to write an item with attribute values that exceed the limit of attribute value size of 1 KB.
- Issues with the IAM role associated with the request.
- The primary key (partition key) is either missing or incorrect in the item.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, you can take the following steps:
- Check the number of items written in a single batch write request; if it exceeds 25 items, you will need to split them into multiple requests.
- Check the item and attribute value sizes and ensure they don't exceed the limits set by DynamoDB.
- Check the IAM role associated with the request to ensure it has the necessary permissions to write to the table.
- Ensure that the item you are trying to write has the correct primary key.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Internal Server Error
- DynamoDB internal error
- AWS DynamoDB errors ResourceNotFoundException
- DynamoDB - The Security Token Included In The Request Is Invalid
- dynamodb cannot create preexisting table
- boto3 dynamodb unable to locate credentials
- dynamodb-admin command not found
- aws lambda dynamodb nodejs not working after few puts
- dynamodb query key condition not supported
- DynamoDB No Provisioned Throughput specified for the table
- DynamoDB Delete Not Working
- is not authorized to perform dynamodb:* on resource
- cognitoidentitycredentials is not authorized to perform dynamodb describetable
- dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key
- AWS DynamoDB Provisioning Error
Spend less time in the AWS console, use Dynobase.
First 7 days are. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase