Error: comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb
What's Causing This Error
This error may occur due to several reasons.
- Firstly, only the items that match the specified Key Condition Expression will get returned from the DynamoDB table.
- Secondly, if you are querying an index that does not project the required attribute, it will not appear in the response.
- Finally, if your query uses any Projection Attributes, DyanamoDB will only return the specified attributes in the response.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
There is no definite way of fixing this error. However, you can try any solution from the following to see which works for you.
If Querying an Index
If you are querying a Local or Global Secondary Index, ensure that the attributes you need are projected onto it. Then, you can configure the projection attributes when you create the index.
If Querying with no index
If you are querying data directly from the table, ensure that the item has the required attributes. Since DynamoDB is schema-less, items can contain different attributes.
Secondly, if you are using a ProjectionExpression, ensure that the attributes you need are projected in the query, as DynamoDB will only fetch the projected attributes. You can also choose to get all the attributes by omitting the projection expression.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Code Working In Node But Not SAM
- could not load profile default dynamodb
- DynamoDB Delete Method Not Working For The First Time
- dynamodb list_append returns true but does not work
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- AWS Lambda DynamoDB Stream Error
- resourcenotfoundexception dynamodb nodejs
- dynamodb put item not working
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- ProvisionedThroughputExceededException DynamoDB
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- dynamodb connection timeout
- ConfigError: Missing region in config
- DynamoDB Delete Not Working
- DynamoDB Errors InvalidSignatureException Signature Expired