What's Causing This Error
This error may occur due to several reasons.
- Firstly, only the items that match the specified Key Condition Expression will get returned from the DynamoDB table.
- Secondly, if you are querying an index that does not project the required attribute, it will not appear in the response.
- Finally, if your query uses any Projection Attributes, DyanamoDB will only return the specified attributes in the response.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
There is no definite way of fixing this error. However, you can try any solution from the following to see which works for you.
If Querying an Index
If you are querying a Local or Global Secondary Index, ensure that the attributes you need are projected onto it. Then, you can configure the projection attributes when you create the index.
If Querying with no index
If you are querying data directly from the table, ensure that the item has the required attributes. Since DynamoDB is schema-less, items can contain different attributes.
Secondly, if you are using a ProjectionExpression, ensure that the attributes you need are projected in the query, as DynamoDB will only fetch the projected attributes. You can also choose to get all the attributes by omitting the projection expression.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Missing Authentication Token
- dynamodb autoscaling not fast enough
- dynamodb connection timeout
- DynamoDB Local Cannot Create Preexisting Table
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- DynamoDB Local Missing Authentication Token
- dynamodb 1 validation error detected value
- dynamodb put function not working
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- dynamodb atomic counter not working
- accessdeniedexception dynamodb
- dynamodb items page not authorized with read access
- dynamodb unable to locate property for key attribute
- sls dynamodb install not working
- boto3 dynamodb client error