Error: dynamodb cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'bytelength')
What's Causing This Error
The error can occur due to several reasons in the AWS JS SDK. However, one known cause for this error is that keys in the credentials object are spelled in PascalCase, instead of camelCase.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, ensure that your credentials object is correctly configured in the JS SDK and is defined using camelCase.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb could not be mapped for type string
- Float types are not supported. Use decimal types instead.
- aws.dynamodb.converter.unmarshall not working
- DynamoDB Delete Method Not Working For The First Time
- AWS DynamoDB CredentialsError: Missing credentials in config
- dynamodb put item not working
- DynamoDB No Regionendpoint Or Serviceurl Configured
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- cognitoidentitycredentials is not authorized to perform dynamodb describetable
- Boto3 DynamoDB KeyError
- failed to list tables not authorized dynamodb
- DynamoDB cannot do operations on a non-existent table
- DynamoDB FilterExpression not working
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- DynamoDB scan filter expression not working
Spend less time in the AWS console, use Dynobase.
Try 7-day free trial. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase