Error: dynamodb unable to execute http request
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates an issue when making an HTTP request to the DynamoDB service. The specific problem could be caused by several things, such as an issue with the network connection, an issue with the SDK or library being used, or a problem with the permissions of the IAM role or user being used to operate.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, check the network connection to ensure the host can be reached. In addition, verify that the endpoint used to make the request is correct and that the service is available.
It's also important to check that the IAM user or role used to call the function has the necessary permissions to perform the desired operation on the DynamoDB service.
Check the version of the SDK or library used to make the request and ensure it is up-to-date.
If all the above steps fail, try and update the SDK or library and see if that resolves the issue.
It is also essential to check that the provided access key and secret key are valid and have the necessary permissions to access the DynamoDB service.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- DynamoDB scan filter expression not working
- dynamodb local unable to locate credentials
- dynamodb index does not exist
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property
- error dynamodb streams must be enabled on the table
- dynamodb the table does not have the specified index
- dynamodb user errors metric
- dynamodb global secondary index does not project
- dynamodb unable to locate credentials
- dynamodb no range key value present
- DynamoDB is missing the key id in the item
- moto dynamodb not working
- dynamodb number_value cannot be converted to string
- DynamoDB cannot delete the table