Error: dynamodb the parameter cannot be converted to a numeric value
What's Causing This Error
This error is caused by passing strings, floating point numbers, null values, booleans, or complex data types when a decimal numeric value is expected.
If you pass a decimal value and still get the error, the value you pass might have exceeded the maximum limit of precision or scale allowed by DynamoDB.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
Make sure that the parameter being passed to DynamoDB is of the correct data type, such as a number or integer. If it is a string, convert it to a number. Also, properly handle data types and conversions before passing them to DynamoDB.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb botocore.exceptions.nocredentialserror unable to locate credentials
- could not connect to the endpoint URL dynamodb
- appsync dynamodb not seeing all fields
- dynamodb index not found
- DynamoDB Invalid UpdateExpression Syntax Error Token
- dynamodb map template foreach not working
- dynamodb ttl not deleting / erasing items
- sls dynamodb install not working
- amazon dynamodb query parentparams is not defined
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
- Unable to start DynamoDB Local process
- ExpressionAttributeValues contains invalid value: One or more parameter values were invalid: An AttributeValue may not contain an empty string
- dynamodb query not returning the full item
- could not load profile default dynamodb
- dynamodb items page not authorized with read access
Tired of AWS Console? Try Dynobase.
First 7 days are. No credit card needed.
© 2023 Dynobase