Error: dynamodb the parameter cannot be converted to a numeric value
What's Causing This Error
This error is caused by passing strings, floating point numbers, null values, booleans, or complex data types when a decimal numeric value is expected.
If you pass a decimal value and still get the error, the value you pass might have exceeded the maximum limit of precision or scale allowed by DynamoDB.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
Make sure that the parameter being passed to DynamoDB is of the correct data type, such as a number or integer. If it is a string, convert it to a number. Also, properly handle data types and conversions before passing them to DynamoDB.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb unknown error
- dynamodb number_value cannot be converted to string
- dynamodb no range key value present
- dynamodb attribute does not exist
- dynamodb index not updated
- dynamodb local could not load credentials from any providers
- dynamodb-admin is not recognized as an internal or external command
- dynamodb trigger no records processed
- dynamodb is abstract cannot be instantiated
- dynamodb unable to parse base64 string
- moto dynamodb not working
- dynamodb stream missing fields
- dynamodb unable to find storage information for property
- does not support attribute type arn aws dynamodb
- dynamodb index not found