Error: DynamoDB table not updating
What's Causing This Error
The error "dynamodb table not updating" can be caused by a variety of issues, such as:
- Improperly formatted update expressions or attribute values.
- Insufficient provisioned write capacity on the table.
- Concurrent requests exceed the provisioned write capacity of the table.
- Issues with the IAM role associated with the request.
- The primary key specified in the update request is incorrect or not matching with the primary key schema defined in the table.
- The item you're trying to update doesn't exist in the table.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
To solve this error, you can take the following steps:
- Double-check the format of the update expressions and attribute values sent to the DynamoDB service to ensure they are properly formatted.
- Check the provisioned write capacity on the table and increase it if necessary.
- Consider implementing exponential backoff to handle retries for failed requests.
- Check the IAM role associated with the request to ensure it has the necessary permissions to update the table.
- Check the primary key specified in the update request and ensure that it matches the primary key schema defined in the table.
- Verify that the item you're trying to update exists in the table.
- You can also check the CloudWatch metrics for the DynamoDB table to see if you are exceeding the write capacity units.
- If the issue persists, you may contact AWS support for further assistance.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB TTL Not Working
- dynamodb atomic counter not working
- requested resource not found aws dynamodb
- ImportError: No module named boto3 (DynamoDB)
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
- dynamodb items page not authorized with read access
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- could not load profile default dynamodb
- dynamodb the parameter cannot be converted to a numeric value NaN
- amazon dynamodb query parentparams is not defined
- DynamoDB Internal Server Error
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- dynamodb list_append if_not_exists not working
- dynamodb getItem() is not a function
- DynamoDB Invalid UpdateExpression Syntax Error Token
© 2023 Dynobase