Error: Error ValidationException: One or more parameter values were invalid: Type mismatch for key X expected: S actual: M
When trying to put or update an item to DynamoDB, you might have tried to write it with incorrect attribute type for example number instead of string or the other way around.
Even though DynamoDB is schemaless, at the table creation you had an ability to specify some AttributeDefinitions. They need to be preserved for all the items in the table.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- AWS DynamoDB errors ResourceNotFoundException
- dynamodb can not resolve withkeyconditionexpression
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- DynamoDB Code Working In Node But Not SAM
- DynamoDB Auto Scaling Not Working
- com amazonaws services dynamodbv2 model resourcenotfoundexception
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- DynamoDB Update Not Working
- dynamodb does not accept empty set
- name key is not defined dynamodb
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- lambda function not triggering from dynamodb
- sls dynamodb install not working
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- AWS DynamoDB CredentialsError: Missing credentials in config