Error: DynamoDB is already installed on a path
What's Causing This Error
This error message indicates that the DynamoDB Local installation is already on the specified path. This can happen if you are attempting to install DynamoDB Local on a system where it has already been installed or if you are running the installation command multiple times in the same location without first uninstalling the previous installation.
Solution: Here's How To Resolve It
There are a couple of ways to solve this issue:
- First, ensure that you are running the installation command for DynamoDB Local in a location where it has not already been installed.
- If you are trying to update an existing installation of DynamoDB Local, you will need to uninstall the existing version before installing the new version.
- If you are trying to run multiple instances of DynamoDB Local on the same machine, you will need to specify a different path for each instance.
- The error message will appear if you run the installation command multiple times in the same location without first uninstalling the previous installation. In that case, you need to uninstall the previous installation before running the command again.
- If you are unsure whether DynamoDB Local is installed, you can check the path specified in the error message and see if the files for DynamoDB Local are present there.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- DynamoDB Delete Not Working
- DynamoDB scan filter not working
- dynamodb atomic counter not working
- dynamodb net scan condition or not working
- requested resource not found aws dynamodb
- cognitoidentitycredentials is not authorized to perform dynamodb describetable
- dynamodb connection timeout
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- an expression attribute name used in the document path is not defined
- dynamodb: one or more parameter values were invalid: type mismatch for index key
- One or more parameter values were invalid: some AttributeDefinitions are not used
- appsync dynamodb not seeing all fields
- dynamodb query key condition not supported
- dynamodb-admin not working
- could not unmarshal the value dynamodb