Error: aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
What's Causing This Error
This error occurs in Node.js when you install an older version of the AWS SDK. AWS introduced the DocumentClient in version 2.2.0 of the AWS SDK. So all applications running a version number lower than 2.2.0 of the AWS SDK will experience this error as the DocumentClient does not exist in these earlier versions.
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
To resolve the error, install the latest version of the AWS SDK using the below command.
npm i aws-sdk@latest
If the above command does not work, delete the
package-lock.json file and re-rerun the command.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- dynamodb throttle error code
- DynamoDB Delete Not Working
- could not lookup table in dynamodb
- com amazonaws services dynamodbv2 model resourcenotfoundexception
- aws.dynamodb.converter.unmarshall not working
- Error ValidationException: One or more parameter values were invalid: Type mismatch for key X expected: S actual: M
- DynamoDB - The Security Token Included In The Request Is Invalid
- KMS Key Access Denied Error DynamoDB
- resourcenotfoundexception dynamodb nodejs
- DynamoDB Update Not Working
- cannot find module 'dynamodb-doc'
- dynamodb cannot read property 'push' of undefined
- DynamoDB Not Supported Requires @DynamoDBTyped Or @DynamoDBTypeConverted
- DynamoDB scan filter not working
- DynamoDB is already installed on a path
Tired of AWS Console? Try Dynobase.
Start your 7-day free trial today
© 2023 Dynobase