Error: aws.dynamodb.documentclient is not a constructor
What's Causing This Error
This error occurs in Node.js when you install an older version of the AWS SDK. AWS introduced the DocumentClient in version 2.2.0 of the AWS SDK. So all applications running a version number lower than 2.2.0 of the AWS SDK will experience this error as the DocumentClient does not exist in these earlier versions.
Solution - Here's How To Resolve It
To resolve the error, install the latest version of the AWS SDK using the below command.
npm i aws-sdk@latest
If the above command does not work, delete the
package-lock.json file and re-rerun the command.
Other Common DynamoDB Errors (with Solutions)
- comparison operator does not return all attributes dynamodb
- 'dynamodb' object has no attribute 'table'
- ValidationException: Invalid KeyConditionExpression: Attribute name is a reserved keyword;
- dynamodb map template foreach not working
- failed to list tables not authorized dynamodb
- DynamoDB error cannot find module build/Release/DTraceProviderBindings
- could not unconvert attribute dynamodb
- sls dynamodb install not working
- missing required key 'key' in params dynamodb
- DynamoDB ValidationException: Query condition missed key schema element
- DynamoDB ConditionalCheckFailedException
- dynamodb mapper save not persisting
- name key is not defined dynamodb
- dynamodb net scan condition or not working
- AWS CLI DynamoDB Error Parsing Parameter
© 2022 Dynobase